A Renowned Shariah Scholar from Saudi Arabia Prof Dr Mohamed Ali Elgari and Thomson Reuters were named the recipients of the Most Outstanding Individual Contribution to Islamic Finance and the Most Outstanding Islamic Finance Institution respectively at the KLIFF Islamic Finance Awards Presentation 2019.
The award presentation, held last night at the Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur, was organised in conjunction with the 15th Kuala Lumpur Islamic Finance Forum 2019. It was graced by the Yang di-Pertuan Negeri Sembilan His Royal Highness Tuanku Muhriz ibni Almarhum Tunku Munawir.
The KLIFF Awards 2019 was meant to honour, recognise and acknowledged the significant efforts and contributions by individuals and institutions in developing the Islamic Finance industry.
Dr Mohamed Elgari, a professor of Islamic economics and former director of the Cenre for Research in Islamic economics at the King Abdul Aziz University in Saudi Arabia.
Dr Mohamed Elgari, however, was not present at the ceremony. His award was received by Amanie Group chairman and Malaysian renowned Islamic scholar Datuk Dr Mohd Daud Bakar.
For nearly 40 years, Thomson Reuters has been at the forefront of Islamic finance industry, providing market players with trusted analyses and solutions to make informed decisions to capture growth opportunities.
In the Most Outstanding Islamic Finance Institutions category, the recipients are as follow:
- Most Outstanding Islamic Bank: Maybank Islamic Bhd
- Most Outstanding Islamic Investment Banking : CIMB Islamic Bhd
- Most Outstanding Islamic Corporate Banking: RHB Islamic Bank Bhd
- Most Outstanding Islamic Retail Banking: Public Islamic Bank
- Most Outstanding Takaful Company: Etiqa Takaful
- Most Outstanding Islamic Fintech Company: HelloGold
- Most Outstanding Islamic Unit Trust Company: Public Mutual
- Most Outstanding Islamic Asset Management Company: Nomura Islamic Asset Management
- Most Outstanding Islamic Commodity Platform: AbleAce Raakin Sdn Bhd
- Most Outstanding Islamic Micro Credit Company: Blossom Finance
- Most Outstanding Islamic Finance Education and Research: International Centre for Education in Islamic Finance (INCEIF)
- Most Outstanding Islamic Shariah Advisor: RHB Islamic Bank Bhd
For the Most Outstanding Islamic Finance Products category, the winners are:
- Most Outstanding Islamic Fund Product: Kenanga Syariah Growth Fund- Kenanga Investors Bhd
- Most Outstanding Islamic Sustainable Sukuk Product: Tadau Energy 250 Million Riggit Green Sukuk- Affin Hwang Capital